Pages

Tuesday, 26 May 2015

NATIONAL YOUNG LEADERS DAY/ 2015!!!!

THURSDAY 21st May

LEARN - To use interesting Vocabularies, To use different sentence structures

NATIONAL YOUNG LEADERS DAY!!!! - NYLD/15

On a lovely warm day, I and 2 other students and 2 teachers Mrs Kelway and Mrs Ringwood went to Manukau Vodafone Event Centre to go and celebrate National Young Leaders Day, NYLD is that when we go and learn stuff about what we should do to our school if we were young leaders.

After that Mrs Kelway and Mrs Ringwood arrived and I was like so proud that they arrived after me because I thought that the left without me, but luckily they came because I really wanted to go on this great experience that has been going on for 14 years and also this was my first time.

When they arrived they came straight to me and said “ Joshua are you feeling well because I heard that you were really ill” I replied “ Yes I was ill and that I couldn’t come to the meeting so I am here now ready to go to the Conference”.

Later on Mrs Kelway and Mrs Ringwood came and called us to hurry up and get into the car before we're late, so then we hopped in the car and also we were all ready to go on this long trip to Manukau, it took us 22 minutes to get from Castledine Crescent to Manukau Vodafone Event Centre.

Screenshot 2015-05-25 at 12.07.36 PM.pngWhen we arrived at Manukau I felt pretty excited because this was my first time at a conference. This is the only thing I want to all the young leaders out there “ Everyone of us can be a leader - whether that be at school, at work, in our personal life, in sports, in the community, or as a leader of ideas. We can all be someone that other people look up to. I encourage you to aim high, reach for your dreams and give it everything you’ve got. I firmly believe if you set your mind to it and you can achieve anything”.

After that we had morning tea and our lunch time and then some more celebrities came and talked about their personal life.

Later on we had to leave now, this was a awesome experience that happened in my entire life. THAT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment