Pages

Saturday, 9 July 2016

Weekly Activity - Activity 1 ( Day 1 )


RUNNING!!

Learn -
Let’s imagine that you were alive 2792 years ago and invited to compete in the first ever ancient Olympic Games. Which of these events: running, wrestling, boxing, pankration, horse racing and pentathlon would you compete in? Click on the name of the sport and it will take you to a site that tells you about the sport. On your blog tell us which sport you would choose and why you chose it.


In the Olympics there were three running events that were happening. The first one was the Stade which is a sprinting, everyone gets a opportunity to join this race but it is really difficult. In this competition they have to sprint to the other side of the stadium and run back (REALLY HARD) and then run back to the position they started the race. The second one is the Diaulos, this is a middle distance race. The athletes have to run 2 lengths of the stadium ( I can't even do one ). Last but not least the Dolichos, this race is an endurance race. The athletes will ran approximately 20 lengths of the stadium ( I cant even do 2 ). 

The reason why I chose this sport is because I can get the opportunity to learn about different kind of races they have in the Olympics. Thanks and have a great school holiday!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Joshua it's Pat,

    Running always attracts me when it comes to the Olympics because I am always amazed by how fast they can run, especially Usain Bolt (the fastest man alive).

    Great work, keep it up!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joshua (and Pat),

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme! I am so happy to see that you've joined us and been blogging over the holiday. That's awesome!

    I must say that I really enjoyed reading your blog about the Olympic sport that you would choose. I, too, would have chosen running because I really enjoy it. I'm not a very fast runner but I like to be outside and I like the challenge of running. If I was in the ancient Olympics I would have chosen the middle distance race because, like you, I could not have run 20 length of the stadium. I could only do about two as well!

    I'm really looking forward to blogging with you over the holidays.

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete